Monday, June 22, 2020

Safe and reasonable use of vitamins

Vitamins are essential substances to maintain the normal function of human tissue cells. However, when vitamins are taken in large quantities for a long time as a "tonic", it will cause poisoning due to accumulation in the body. Therefore, vitamins should not be mistakenly taken as a supplement and taken in large amounts, so as not to become vitamins.

1. Large doses of vitamins are harmful and useless

Excessive use of vitamin A may cause metabolic disorders such as anemia, hair loss, eye pain, dizziness, vomiting, and even protruding eyeballs. In addition, there may be sequelae.

Vitamin C overdose can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain in mild cases; severe cases can also induce hematuria, kidney stones, and even reduce the reproductive capacity of some women.

Long-term overdose of vitamin D in children can cause low fever, irritability, anxiety, anorexia, spitting milk, malnutrition, and weight loss; if you do not pay attention to drug compatibility, it may cause liver and splenomegaly, kidney damage, and increase myocardial infarction and heart failure. There will even be sudden deaths.

Vitamin E also has the risk of being poisoned by overuse. Long-term overdose may produce oxidation, causing adverse reactions such as overdevelopment, precocious puberty, and changes in sexual characteristics.

Second, the efficacy is related to the time taken

If there are no special circumstances, vitamins should be taken during meals. In most cases, it is best to take vitamins in the stomach in a non-empty state to avoid nausea and stomach pain and other uncomfortable symptoms.

Vitamins A, D, E, and K are all fat-soluble vitamins, which can only achieve good absorption when the food contains fat.

3. Vitamins that should not be served with hot water

Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, and Vitamin B2 are water-soluble vitamins, which are unstable in nature and easily destroyed and fail after being heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment